What to expect
Knowing what to expect at your first appointment can minimize stress and better prepare you for a discussion between you and your medical care team. We want to provide the best experience possible.
Your first appointment will be comprehensive, so you should plan to spend an hour or more with us. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to complete and review patient forms and insurance cards. For your convenience, the following forms are available:
During your visit, our team of specialists will explain your diagnosis, treatment options and any additional testing required to formulate the best plan indicated for your care management. Most likely, radiation treatments will not begin on your initial visit to our office.
Treatment options can be complex, so you may find it helpful to bring a friend or family member with you. We encourage you, your friend or family member to ask questions about information that is not clear or you would like to find out more about.
Your initial appointment may include:
- Comprehensive consultation and evaluation with your physician
- Additional diagnostic testing may be necessary to further guide your treatments
- A meeting with other members of your medical team
- A meeting with the patient financial counselor to discuss your insurance and billing
Checklist of items to bring with you:
- Patient forms filled out and signed
- A list of ALL your prescription medications and over the counter medications or dietary supplements.
- Prior medical history
- Write down any questions or concerns you may have to discuss with your physician.
- Bring your updated insurance information and cards to all appointments. Notify us of changes in your address, telephone number, employment, marital status or insurance.
- Make your next appointment at the front desk every time you leave the clinic.
- Call the office as soon as possible to reschedule an appointment if you need to cancel, so that another patient may be seen. We do charge a $25 no show fee if not notified within 24 hours of a cancellation. We do use an automated system for reminder calls.